Question:
Need advice about Ford Driver seat?
Aunty Pear
2007-05-23 01:44:54 UTC
Hello

I hope some of you mighty Ford gurus might help newbie like me.

I know very little about cars and need some advice. My mechanic on my job thought to play a prank with my car, moved driver seat in far back position and locked it to stay like that. Normally this seat is easy to adjust both back and forward but since it is locked I can't move it.

Can anyone help me with advice. Where the damn thind is locked and how to unlock it?

Thank you

Aunty Pear
Five answers:
2007-05-23 06:24:12 UTC
He has probably disconnected the cable that joins the two rails together so one lock will not diengage.

Prank or not, Don't use this mechanic again as he is playing with your safety, find some one else who respects your car as much as you do.

That machanic is a looser and does not deserve you as a customer.
2007-05-23 02:42:27 UTC
Well, what an ass huh?!?!?! There is no real way to lock a manual seat, so look for something down in the track that is holding it. If it is a power seat, he probably just unhooked the plug that is under the seat. Either way, I would tell him that if still wants you for a customer then he better fix it, and give you 10% off the next service he performs.
smokey
2007-05-23 01:54:56 UTC
AUNTY PEAR CALL YOUR MECHANIC AND TELL HIM TO COME FIX YOUR SEAT OR YOU WILL NEVER BRING YOUR CAR BACK FOR HIM TO FIX IT SO HE CAN MAKE SOME MONEY
2016-11-05 06:25:03 UTC
they actually make containers for woofers for specific vehicles now. i comprehend it sounds loopy yet audio manufactuers certainly make containers to extra healthful in the back of your seat.. i might mount the amp under the seat..
kev l
2007-05-23 01:56:21 UTC
look for a screw in the sliding mechanism might be whats stopping you