Question:
What does "Revs Per Mile" mean?
2013-08-09 02:49:46 UTC
hey

What does "Revs Per Mile" mean? In reference to tires?

I know revs per mile would mean revolution per mile of the wheel/tire, but I want to know what is the benefit of having high revolution per mile. Does it really matter when you choose tires? Does high number mean consuming more fuel?

Do you recommend buying cheap tires like Kumho, Sumitomo tires?

thanks.
Eight answers:
Jay P
2013-08-09 02:56:20 UTC
It's the number of rotations the tire makes per mile. The higher the number, the smaller the diameter of the tire.

Yes, it does matter. But instead of paying attention to the number of revolutions, I suggest just sticking with the tire size recommended by the manufacturer of your vehicle.

Like most other things in life, the old saying of "you get what you pay for" applies. You pay more for a name brand tire but you get tires that have the latest technology incorporated into their design. My rule for tires is that they are not a place to cheap out because they are the only part of the vehicle that actually touches the ground. Your vehicle's performance literally depends on what you tires can and can not handle.
?
2016-11-02 09:17:15 UTC
Tire Revs Per Mile
2016-12-11 20:34:58 UTC
Tire Revolutions Per Mile
plenum222
2013-08-09 03:12:18 UTC
Like Jay P answered, the smaller diameter the tire, the more revolutions per mile - which means, of course, if the tire has to make contact with abrasive surfaces that much more often, the sooner it will wear out... Regarding cheaper tires, don't skimp, dude. Lower prices might be good enough for those you suggest, but "major brands" at discount usually means the tires are old, rubber gets hard and develop cracks, and you stand a chance of a blow-out - - but I'm talking about having been on the rack (or accidentally stored in excessive heat) for 2-4 years. Tire manufacturers have come a long way over the last two decades, and many off-brands are made by the same foreign companies, anyway.
2015-08-06 19:08:46 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Mark F
2013-08-09 03:31:31 UTC
How many times the tire rotates (revolves) in one mile. This is tied to the diameter of the tire and yes, it matters.

Tires are like anything else - you usually get what you pay for.
?
2016-03-22 20:20:21 UTC
Are you sure it wasn't verbatim? Verbatim means word for word, as in exactly how something was stated.
2013-08-09 03:11:10 UTC
r.p.m. is revs per minitute .that how many times the crank turns in one minits . like set idal 550 in drive and 600 in nutral r.p.m .shift at 2200 r.p.m. red lines at 6,000.r.p.m. get it and tackalmotor mesers r.p.m.